Wednesday, September 16, 2009

New Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 VC For your Nikon D90!


I'm looking forward to getting this new lens, The New Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II VC LD Aspherical IF Model B005. This new tammy is super fast at 2.8 at all focal lenghts plus VC image stablization!

I own the old Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 and love it. This lens is on my D90 90% of the time and only really comes off when I'm using my Nikon 70-300 VR for sports. This pro lens from Tamron is one of their best lenses so the new one should be even better. I'll let you all know how it is as soon as i can get one. O'yeah this is a great compliment to the 70-300vr which with both lenses in your bag covers the whole range from 17mm-300mm minus the 51-69mm range!

Update 2/14/2010 - Well I never did end up buying this but i'm still very interested. I thought the reviews would be just a bit better!

6 comments:

mind said...

Hi,
In your opinion, is it better than Nikkor 108-105? People say the picture Tamron produces is ... better. What do you think?

Scbbbc said...

I think so! I love mine...

Jaren said...

Hi there,
I just bought a D90 and when I attach my tammy, it's like it doesn't recognize it...I get a "F--" in the f/stop part of the display. Any thoughts on this?? I love it on my D200..it's just doing this funky thing on the D90..? Thanks!

Scbbbc said...

Jaren, thats happened to me a couple of time and i just turn off the camera remove and put the lens back on and that seems to take care of it.....The contact on the lens might not be touching good.

Jagan said...

Let me know which is better Tamron or Sigma for 17-50mm f2.8 section

Scbbbc said...

@Jagan, I'm not sure about the sigma but my tamron 17-50mm 2.8 is my favorite lens....