Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Nikon D90 Blog - D90 Everything - Were Back.....Finally!


I can't tell you all what a big relief it was today to get my blog back! I really didn't think I'd ever see it again after 2 years online.

Here's the short of a long stressful and successful story......

July 21, 2010 I went to log into my blog and I cant. It says its disabled due to it being a spam blog and sometimes their robots get what they call a false positive which I got? So I'm freaking out after reading this feeling like i just got punched in the stomach for something i don't even know what it was! and the only option i had was to click a button that said restore my blog and here's what i get.“

Blogger’s spam-prevention robots have detected that your blog has characteristics of a spam blog. (What’s a spam blog?) Since you’re an actual person reading this, your blog is probably not a spam blog. Automated spam detection is inherently fuzzy, and we sincerely apologize for this false positive. We received your unlock request on July 21, 2010. On behalf of the robots, we apologize for locking your non-spam blog. Please be patient while we take a look at your blog and verify that it is not spam.

So I start looking for help and find this whole four step process I have to follow to the T, which I quickly do.....As the days are passing I'm kind of depressed as each morning I wake up I look to see if my blog is back on. 6 days have passed and nothing. Then on the 7th day, today I get an email after work that says "your blog has been restored! Thank you for your patience.....Yeah! Those darn robots........

So were back and looking good....I hope i haven't lost many followers and if i have i hope you come back soon...

Starting around the 1st of next month I'm going to have our 2nd photo contest to celebrate getting the blog back and it's new look! I'm thinking the winner will get a new Wireless Remote Control, the Nikon ML-L3! Not sure of the theme yet but if you have some ideas let me know!

10 comments:

Jimh. said...

I will be all over this! I just got my D90 and am in love with it! AND, I don't have a wireless remote yet!

awesomejim.blogspot.com

Lydia said...

Oh wow!! Congratulations on getting this blog back running for us d90 users. I recently started following you. I've been with my D90 for less than a month and bought a tripod with the help of one of your entries.

Keep up the awesome work and I hope people will give out suggestions.

Scbbbc said...

Thanks Lydia, make sure you come back and enter the contest! And i'm glad you have got some use from the blog...

funkymacgirl said...

im in need or a wireless remote..great idea!!!

Daniel said...

Still following! ;-)

Good to have this one back!

Matt said...

Use Wordpress...you will never get those kind of incidents!

http://www.wordpress.com

plus they got loads of templates too!

:)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I thought they closed your blog! Great to have you back again!

Scbbbc said...

Thanks Daniel and Polisurgist....Glad to be back up!

Matt, i was already to transfer to wordpress. if it Happens again I'll be changing...I already got the name over there just in case...

Patty said...

I was getting worried. I'm glad your back.

Scbbbc said...

Thanks Patty! How's the shooting going?